By Doula Ruth
Corn is so summer, muffins are so simple, and oats boost breast milk…making this a stellar recipe for new moms!
- -1½ cups flour
- –1½ teaspoons baking powder
- -1 teaspoon baking soda
- -1 teaspoon salt
- -½ cup brown sugar
- -1 cup cornmeal
- -½ cup chopped walnuts
- -¾ cup quick-cooking oats
- -¾ cup coconut flakes
- -2 eggs
- –2 cups buttermilk
- -5 tablespoons butter, melted
- -Preheat oven to 400.
- -Grease muffin pans.
- -Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- -Stir in brown sugar, cornmeal, walnuts, oats, and coconut
- -In a large bowl, beat eggs and mix in buttermilk and butter
- -Add dry mixture to the wet; stir until just blended without beating or overmixing.
- -Fill muffin cups nearly full.
- -Bake approximately 15 minutes, check with toothpick. Cool before removing from pan.
Makes approximately 20 muffins.