By Doula Jen
Got leftovers? Let’s go.
Casseroles are a GREAT gift to leave behind for the new mama after a visit to help her adjust to life with Baby. Easy to portion, reheat, and munch on through the day. Perfect for postpartum!
- -your leftover Thanksgiving turkey, diced or shredded
- -12 small-medium flour tortillas
- -1 teaspoon cumin
- -1 teaspoon garlic salt
- -½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- -2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- -1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- –4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- –½ cup chopped red onion
- -1 large tomato, diced
- -2 cans or pouches of red enchilada sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°
- 2. Prepare a 9 x 13 casserole or baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, spices, lime juice, cilantro, onion, and tomato.
- 4. Fill each tortilla with a scoop of the mixture and approximately 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- 5. Place rolled, filled tortillas in the prepared dish.
- 6. Coat with enchilada sauce.
- 7. Top with remaining cheese.
- 8. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- 9. Garnish with black olives, avocado, and sour cream—if desired.
Ole! Thanksgiving reinvented. Easy meal for Mama.