By Doula Jen
Winter comfort food, anyone?
- -Approx. 1 lb. ground turkey
- -6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- -3 Tbsp. butter
- -½ cup milk
- -1½ cups shredded carrots
- -1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- –1 cup frozen peas
- -1 small yellow onion, diced
- -1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- -2 tsp. thyme
- -2 Tbsp. olive oil
- -3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- -salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Make It!
- 1. Boil potatoes until tender.
- 2. While potatoes are going, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan and brown turkey with garlic and onions.
- 3. Stir in carrots, mushrooms, peas, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer.
- 4. While sauté pan is simmering, mash potatoes with butter and milk. Season to taste.
- 5. Prepare a deep dish pie plate with cooking spray or olive oil.
- 6. Stir flour in to the sauté mixture, until juices are slightly thickened.
- 7. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- 8. Top evenly with mashed potatoes.
- 9. Bake for 45 minutes at 350º.
New mamas need lots of good, warm food! Eat up!