By Doula Karen
- Babies that are burped over the shoulder are less likely to spit up.
- For night feedings, babies will eat more when you change their diapers midway during the feeding. This will reawaken a sleepy baby.
- When all else fails—skin on skin.
- A gentle press on baby’s lower abdomen during a diaper change will help expel gas or produce a BM for a stopped up, fussy baby.
- Exercise balls are ideal for bouncing and rocking a baby who is fighting sleep.
- Holding the foot will calm Baby (acupressure).