By Doula Jen
Just made this one for a lovely Minneapolis family this week!
- -2 cups flour
- -1 cup sugar
- -1½ tsp baking powder
- -1½ tsp baking soda
- -½ tsp salt
- -¼ cup butter
- -¾ cup orange juice
- -1 egg
- -1½ tsp vanilla extract
- -½ cup chopped almonds
- -2 cups raspberries (thawed if frozen)
- -Preheat oven to 350° F.
- -Sift all dry ingredients together in bowl.
- -Cut in butter until you have a fine, crumbly mix.
- -Combine orange juice and egg in a bowl.
- -Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold until moist, taking care not to over mix.
- -Stir in raspberries and almonds.
- -Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- -Bake for about an hour, test center with toothpick.
- -Cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to rack for further cooling.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Super summer treat…