By Doula Jen
Yes! They work! Especially when Mama is tired or stressed or when Baby is cluster feeding. Perfect with a cup of tea or a tall glass of milk!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk (almond, coconut, or soy if you’re dairy free)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Prepare 9 x 14 baking pan (or similar).
- Cream butter and sugars thoroughly.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flax and milk, mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, and yeast.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture until well blended.
- Mix in oats, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Spread into greased pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
Fabulous, energy-packed afternoon snack that really fuels Mom and gets the milk flowing.