You’ve got your “go with it” attitude adjusted to super smooth. You’ve got your packing list and your airplane tricks laminated AND memorized. Now then. Where to go?
While you really can go ANYWHERE (almost) with your baby, you might not want to. Keeping your “chill the heck out” in check might be easier in a quiet costal town than — say — at Carnival in Rio.
- Family Friendly Beach Resort – a la Beaches or Club Med. Clean, quiet, somewhat secluded. All inclusive means no fuss for the tired parent and an easy way to budget. Plus, most have excellent child care programs for the occasional date night or trip to the spa. Best perk: naps with Baby in a beach cabana!
- Clean Camping – not necessarily the time to pitch a tent and pummel your infant with bug spray. ‘Tis the age for cozy and CLEAN cabin rental. You’ll get away with the comforts of home available to you. Best perk: cozying up by the fire for bedtime stories.
- Italy and France – if you can handle the long plane ride, don’t be afraid to venture abroad. Italy and France are perfect places to tour with Bebe or Bambino because the cultures tend to embrace the idea that your child comes out and about with you. Young infants will gladly sleep in the sling or stroller through museums and city walks. Older infants and toddlers will delight in a sidewalk gelato or morning croissant. Best perk: wine, cheese and bread al fresco tends to erase the memory of a sleepless night.
- Pay a Visit – Grandma in Santa Barbara? Auntie with a big house in Vermont? Exploring the town a relative lives in is easy for many reasons — first and foremost is a soft landing spot where you feel at home for naps and meals. Beyond that is your host’s local folk expertise — they know the good cupcake shop and on what day the aquarium is most crowded. Best perk: eager babysitters for a stolen moment with your partner.
- Disney – while they will surely enjoy it more at a later age, the Disney parks and resorts were BUILT for families. Infants can ride most rides with parents, diaper stations are clean and plentiful and baby necessities from stroller to crib are available to rent. Best perk: Baby’s first Mickey ears.