By Doula Jen
As a doula, I am so in favor of a day to celebrate motherhood! Hallmark holiday or not, we deserve it! As for my idea of a perfect Mother’s Day, it’s nothing fancy…just a little bit of wonderful and holding myself to relaxation!
- Slow morning – absolutely no chores, no work.
- Brunch with my family–at home, out, or a picnic if it’s nice. In recent years we’ve chosen fun and funky restaurants–Chatterbox Pub, Psycho Suzi’s, and this year Hell’s Kitchen. I’m not a fancy, stuffy bruncher.
- An outing with the kids that’s more mama-inspired than play space, but that we’ll all enjoy. Last year we hit the sculpture garden.
- An afternoon ice cream outdoors in any one of our favorite Twin Cities neighborhoods. Menchie’s in Highland Park and Izzy’s in Merriam Park are our faves.
- A nap! Or at least lying down with a good book.
- Light dinner and watching “Once Upon a Time” with the fam.
- Evening Yoga
Food, fun, family, and a little restorative alone time. Perfection!