By Doula Karen
Make this for clients all the time!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and thoroughly chopped
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 c. prepared marinara sauce
- ¼ c. chopped fresh basil
- 1 (8 oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5 oz.) package garlic croutons
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Coat the bottom of a 9×13 inch casserole dish with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in bottom of the dish and pour marinara sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle basil over the sauce and top with half the mozzarella cheese, followed by half the Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle on the croutons, then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese and croutons are golden brown and the chicken is no longer pink inside (approx. 35 min. to an hour). An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast should read at least 160º F.