By Doula Jen
Protein, peppers and a bit of olé!
- 1½ pounds chicken breast strips
- 1 red bell or yellow pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- ½ red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- juice from 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, peppers and onions.
- Coat with lime juice, soy sauce and spices.
- Cover, flipping and stirring occasionally.
- Fajitas are done when meat is fully cooked.
- Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings: cheese, salsa, tomato, black olives, guacamole, sour cream, beans.
The fajita mix is wonderful by itself in a bowl with corn chips or over salad greens as well.