By Doula Jen
Lots of protein and vitamin C in this yummy dish! Awesome leftover…so handy with a baby in the house!
- -4 large bell peppers, any color (mixed is festive!)
- -1 package Spanish rice, prepared
- -spaghetti sauce, prepared with ground beef or sausage
- -2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Obviously, I’m leaving a lot up to your own personal preference. Every family has their favorite red sauce recipe…go with yours. I make mine with meat, lots of garlic, crushed red pepper, and oregano. You do your own thing!
- -Preheat oven to 350°.
- -Mix prepared Spanish Rice with simmering spaghetti sauce.
- -Simmer together 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- -Cut peppers in half, lengthwise.
- -Fill peppers with rice-sauce mix.
- -Bake in oven for 30 min.
- –Top with cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve with garlic bread and ENJOY!