By Doula Jen
…because sometimes the best way to care for a new mama is to cook like her mama used to. A comfort food, stick to your ribs classic.
- Approximately 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion–any variety
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 heaping Tbsp ketchup
- 3 heaping Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- dash Tabasco
- Hamburger rolls, or bun of your choice
- 3 – 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown ground turkey with onion.
- Add bell pepper and continue to sauté over medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer over low-medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Serve over rolls with cheese, either open faced or sandwich-style.
I often top mine with black olives and jalapeños. Enjoy!