By Doula Jen
“Whoops! The bananas have started to turn again. Time to make banana bread before we waste them completely.”
Sound familiar? Try out this recipe when your bunch is getting over-ripe. It’s amazing!
- 2 eggs
- Approx. 1½ cups mashed banana
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil until creamy.
- Add sugar slowly and continue to beat.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Add some flour mixture, then some mashed bananas while continuing to beat.
- Keep adding flour then bananas, repeating until both are gone.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Poor mixture into pan and bake for 70 minutes.
- Flip out of pan and let cook on rack.